JellyPages.com

Friday 6 February 2015

Oldhammer impulse buy

Nostalgia is basically the main reason I am still into little painted mens.
Ironically I never actually played 40k until 2008 (being primarily a 2nd ed Blood Bowl player which was cheaper), but during the 90's would read through White Dwarf and drool over the 'Eavy Metal pictures and the battle reports, and most of all wanted a Space Wolves army of my own.


I started in early 5th Ed, and now am enjoying 7th edition, but there have been some fun 2nd Edition battle reps on dakka over the last few months, and since my main opponent plays Squats (counts-as-IG) I snaffled some 2nd ed rulebooks on ebay this month.
Not the cheapest impulse buy thanks to the AUD dropping and shipping, but not insane either (mental note - seaching "40k squat" on ebay is depressing).
I have the 2nd ed pdfs, but for some reason I hate trying to look up rules etc mid-battle in a pdf - I much prefer paper in my hands that I can bookmark with post-it notes if needed.
So - trying to line up a 1000 points 2nd Ed game during Feb,,,

6 comments:

  1. Those flamers in use on the cover of the wargear book look completely OP.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flamers, or the things that look like shoulder mounted demolisher cannons? :) Those babies look like the need a 3D6 kick back rule everytime you fire. I love the early GW stuff is so pants-on-head insane. Also - thanks for stopping by the blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Painting up my mole mortar and living ancestor in anticipation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure I'm down with this you-having-heavy-artillery thing :P

      Delete
  3. i spent hours reading and re-reading these three books as a young teenager. they are full of so much great stuff. they are in fact the only 40k books to still have a place on my main bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is seriously amazing me how much of the cool 40k stuff was in place from 1st and 2nd Edition. Definitely worth splurging on the physical copies and not just using pdfs for these. Also - thanks for stopping by the blog! :)

      Delete