JellyPages.com

Friday 25 November 2016

Burning of Prospero: Adeptus Custodes

The new Custodes figures from Burning of Prospero are huge.
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes group shot - front


I went with the guardian spears, rather than the storm shields - keeping points low (well, relatively) as well as getting a nifty AP2 on the charge. Mainly though, it was because the guardian spears are the iconic look for the Custodes. It does make them a bit less survivable, which at the points cost may be an issue, but I love the way they look.
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes group shot - back
These guys tower over lesser marines, and even terminators. The Sergeant's cloak turned out well. I went with a helmet, as again the iconic look for Custodes is the tall plumed helm.
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes Sergeant - Front
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes Sergeant - Back
The assembly was a pain in the butt - I needed an extra pair of hands to attach the arms with separate hands to the torso and then hold until the plastic glue caught. It took ages and usually multiple attempts per set of arms.
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes 1
Painting them was much more fun. I grabbed the new GW gold paints - retributor armour, liberator gold and stormhost silver. They are fantastic, great coverage, really good effect. My pot of runefang steel is obviously needing replacement, as the stormhost silver was so much easier to apply.
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes 2
The power spears were fun to paint, simple lightning effect. I'm slowly learning to add water to my paints :) I'm thinking of going back to redo the Sister's executioner swords more in line with this effect.
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes 3
I'm hoping to give these bad boys and my Sisters of Silence a test run on the battle field tomorrow - maybe some photos and a batrep to follow!
40k Burning of Prospero - Adeptus Custodes 4

No comments:

Post a Comment