JellyPages.com

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Oldschool Orks: Snakebite Boarboyz

One of the iconic Ork units missing for several 40k editions are the Boarboyz, so I had to have some for my 2nd edition army.
40k 2nd edition Snakebite Boarboyz group shot
These guys were fun to paint, the only challenge being missing some arms and one of the back banner poles.


40k 2nd edition Snakebite Boarboyz left side
At some point between 2nd edition and 5th edition the Orks seem to have done some working out at the gym! You can see that the arms I've used from the current Ork Boyz sprue are massively developed compared to the weedy 2nd edition arms.
40k 2nd edition Snakebite Boarboyz right side
I am loving the back banners on these guys - there seem to be less banners on figures these days compared to the Rogue Trader/2nd Edition days, and its something I miss. It adds to the ridiculousness of the setting, and makes the army look a little more 'fantasy' based.
40k 2nd edition Snakebite Boarboyz small group 1
I used card stock printer paper to scan the banners from the codex, then coated with PVA and painted on the colour. All good.
40k 2nd edition Snakebite Boarboyz small group 2
I have used the new AoS oval bases, as I hate the square cavalry bases, and  I think bike bases are too narrow given the width of these models.

It should be fun charging into my opponents squats with these bad boys - Boars give the riders extra attacks due to their general orneriness. I have another 5 boarboys unassembled in a box, but am focusing on fielding a 1000 point army, so I'll come back around to them at another time.

Next week - possibly some more orks, or possibly some Burning of Prospero minis (ZOMG its so awesome - here is a sneak peak):

No comments:

Post a Comment